Publishing A Book I Wrote

I have been thinking of publishing a book I wrote when I was back in 8th grade for a school assignment. I think it turned out pretty well for a 12 year old's piece of work, albeit a little cringey, it's still cute and a solid piece of work. Or at least I think. I have been wanting to publish it for quite some time now, but my intense fear of being judged held me back. I even wanted to illustrate it, but I never did, because I never thought I would ever be able to deal with the criticism. 

Recently, I have been thinking about my career, and I came to the realisation that I actually have done quite some good work, and I really, really like writing, but I have almost nothing to show for it. I felt like a hypochondriac with pneumonia. I could say I love writing. But people won't believe me. So I decided, to hell with anxiety, I'm going to put myself out there and actually work on publishing my book. If it turns out sucky, I can blame it on my younger self (I'm sorry little Minnelli, but try harder next time, and yes you are cringe). If it turns out great, hey, I WROTE THAT. 

What is my book about you ask? It features a teenage girl (obviously) who is a bit of a nerd, that thinks she can change the world. But does she? Guess you'll have to wait to find out!

To keep myself motivated and to hold myself accountable, I will be updating this page weekly, so every Monday, to make sure that I don't slack off. If I don't update it, you know someone's being lazy. I don't think I can deal with that sort of embarrassment right now, so yeah. It's got to happen. The pressure is ON.

I'm currently working on illustrating the book, which, I'm not going to lie, is a lot of work, because I need to work on the cover, and any illustrations that go inside the book. It is going to be a looooooot of work, because I can't decide on one particular style that I like for the illustrations. And if you would like to see my process, or know more, feel free to get in touch on my socials: minnellidraws on Instagram. I am on Facebook, but I don't check it often, but you can message me there too if you like. I have been thinking about putting up a contact page on my blog, so I'll probably get to it in the near future. Until then, you have my Instagram!

I'll keep you in the loop, so check back for updates! As always, thank you for reading, you're a gem.


Updates

Monday, 24 July 

Currently working on character design. Got some of the backgrounds done for some of the scenes.

Popular posts from this blog

Barcelona Pavilion - Architecture and Technology

The Gentleman's Duel - The Twelfth Night

Welcome to my Blog!